Pixave has the following 6 modes of for capturing the OS X screen:
- An area selected by the user
- A window selected by the user
- A Timed window by the user
- Timed Full Screen
- Capture Website
The way to capture the screen is as follows:
- In the menu-bar click on the camera icon, as shown in the picture below.
- Select the desired mode (when the hot-keys have been familiarized, they can be pressed at any time to capture the screen – as long as Pixave is running).
- Once capture is complete the image is automatically imported into Pixave.
Note: capture hot-keys can be changed by the user in “Preferences > Capture”.
To capture web pages with Pixave is as follows:
- Select a Collection first in the Sidebar.
- Click on the “Capture Website” button on the top right hand-side of the Pixave window, as shown below.
- When the address bar is displayed type the web address of the web page to capture and press the “Return” key.
- Once the web page has finished loading the capture button on the top right-hand side becomes active which, when clicked, captures the web page and automatically imports it into Pixave.
- To display as a mobile webpage, as viewed on an iPhone or an iPad, click on the Phone or Tablet icon on the top right-hand side of the window, as shown in the picture below. Webpages can also be captured in the same way.
- Click on the “Download Web Resources” button to download all image files (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SVG) contained in the webpage currently being viewed.
- Once the “Download Web Resources” button has been clicked all the resources within the webpage are downloaded and all the downloaded images can then be imported into the selected Collection, as shown in the picture below.