There are 2 ways to view an image in the Browser:
- Double click on the desired image.
- Select the desired image and press the “Space” key.
Integrated with other application.
To copy an imported image into Finder or to use it with another application is as follows:
- Select the image
- Drag onto the desktop or another application. (also Press “Command-C” and “Command-V” supported)
Working with original image
Look at this video:
Image viewer interface
Pixave’s image viewer features the following functions:
- Enlarge/contract image.
- Save image as a new file.
- Image Filter: can be used on all image formats except on PDF and formats with multiple frames (Animated GIF, TIFF, ICNS, ICO).
- View PDF and export a PDF page: only applicable to PDF files.
- View images frame by frame and export: only applicable to formats with multiple frames (Animated GIF, TIFF, ICNS, ICO).
- Edit images: can be used on all image formats except on PDF and formats with multiple frames (Animated GIF, TIFF, ICNS, ICO).
- Edit metadata.
- Assign tags.
View other images or videos
As shown in the picture below, click the button on the bottom left-hand side of the window or press “Command + L” to display the Media List.
To move to a different image or video, click on the desired image or video, or use the Left Arrow/Right Arrow keys.
To copy images in the Media List onto the desktop or to use them in another application, select the desired images in the Media List then drag and drop.
View Metadata Inspector
Press “Command-I” to display the Metadata Inspector, where certain sections of the metadata can be edited.
View Tag Inspector and assign Tags
Click the “Tag” button in the Metadata Inspector to display the Tag Inspector.
Filter Inspector and applying Filters
Press the “Filter” button in the Metadata Inspector to display the Filter Inspector and apply the desired filters to an image.
JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNG, TIFF image file can be edited. To edit is as follows:
- Click on the “Edit” button, as shown below.
- Once the “Edit” button is clicked, the Edit window is displayed.
- When done editing click the “Done” button on the top right-hand side of the window.
- Once the image has been saved, the “Browse All Version…” button is displayed in the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Clicking on the “Browse All Version…” button displays the list of edited images. The edited images are saved and managed as different versions by Pixave.
- To use the saved version files in another application or in Finder, drag and drop, as show in the picture below.
View PDF and images with multiple frames
For images with multiple frames (Animated GIF, TIFF, ICNS, ICO) and PDFs with multiple pages the “Show image frames” or “Show pages” button is displayed, as shown in the picture below.
Clicking on this button displays various images, as shown below. Images displayed here are all the different frames within the image.
The user can select each image frame and save it as an individual image.
PDFs are displayed in the same manner.
As shown in the picture below, each page of the PDF can be viewed and saved as a separate image.
Movie Playback Hot-keys
Pixave offers the following hot-keys for video playback, shown in the picture below.