To set your Pixave preferences, choose “Pixave > Preferences”, then click the General or other buttons at the top of the preferences window.
The General Preferences contains the following adjustable settings:
- Show item count in sidebar: Display the number of images imported into a collection in the sidebar.
- Show import or other process badge in Dock: Display the current progress of images being imported or exported.
- When select Tags in sidebar, Open tags window automatically
- When select multiple tags in tags window, show results as union set or not
- When select Colors in sidebar, Open Colors window automatically
- Display Color code in Colors: Display the HTML color codes of the colors in the Colors section
- Keep Pixave Mini on top of all other windows: To always have Pixave Mini displayed on top of all other windows.
- Show Pixave window when import completed:
- Show Recent: Set the time limit for imported images to be displayed in the Recent tab, when clicked on in the sidebar.
- Set Image opens with application
- Set Image fit mode in image viewer
- When select a collection, scroll to top in Browser
- Change Light/Dark theme
- Default thumbnail type. Learn about how to change thumbnail type
- Preview size for Raw image
- Default background color for thumbnail and preview image
- Show image type in Browser: Display image type in the Browser.
- Show referenced type in Browser: Display referenced icon in the Browser
- Show title and subtitle in Browser: Display the title and subtitle in the Browser.
- Use custom thumbnail title & subtitle: Customize title and subtitle in the Browser
- Enable Sketch app integration for better import Sketch document (Requires Sketch 3.6 or higher version installed)
The Library Preferences contains the following adjustable settings:
- Show in Finder: When press “Show in Finder” button, You can find the current used library.
- Move Library: If you want to move current library to another location, Press “Move Library” button.
- Copy items to the Pixave library: If checked “Copy items to the Pixave library”, All imported images are copied into Pixave library. If you want to store imported images outside the library, deselect the “Copy items to the Pixave library”.
The Notifications Preferences has the following adjustable settings:
- Play sounds for main Pixave actions: Play a sound effect when moving or deleting a Collection, or when capturing a web page.
- Show Notification, When file imported: Display a notification when importing has completed.
- Show Notification, When file exported: Display a notification when exporting has completed.
- Show Notification, When file moved: Display a notification when an image has been moved to a different Collection.
- Show Notification, When file removed: Display a notification when an image has been deleted.
The Capture Preferences has the following adjustable settings.
- Show Pixave menu bar item: Display the “Capture” icon in the menu bar.
- Shrink Retina snaps: When capture screen shot in Retina Macs, Reduce image size for normal resolution
- When capture window, include drop shadow: Include the window drop shadow when capturing a window.
- When capture full screen, include cursor: Include the cursor when capturing the full screen.
- Delay capture by: Set default time to capture with timed option
- Capture Area: The user assignable hot-key for capturing a selected area.
- Capture Window: The user assignable hot-key for capturing a window.
- Timed Window: The user assignable hot-key for timed window.
- Capture Full Screen: The user assignable hot-key for capturing the full screen.
- Timed Full Screen: The user assignable hot-key for timed full screen
- Capture Website: The user assignable hot-key for capturing a web page.
The Movie Preferences has the following adjustable settings.
- Remeber play position and audio volume
- When movie displayed, Prevent Screen Save or Display Sleep
- Assign Backward and Forward time
- When take screenshot from movie, set screen size
The following settings can be configured in the Export Preferences:
- The format of the image to be exported.
- The size of the image to be exported (according to pixel and scale)
- The Prefix and Suffix of the name of the image to be exported.
- The watermark
The following settings can be configured in the Label Preferences:
- Add assigned label as Tags: If you assigned label to images, Assigend lable will be added to the selected image as OS X Tags.
- Add assigned tags when export: If you assigned tags to images, Assigned tags will be added to exported images as OS X Tags.
- Labels: Settings in the Labels Preferences affect images and Collections. When a Label is assigend, the Label Color and Label name can be set