Pixave offers Collections which fall into 2 main categories with the following uses:
- Library (System Collection)
- All: View all images currently in use in the Pixave library.
- Recent: View images imported in the past few days (the time setting can be adjusted in Preferences > General).
- Trash: View all images to delete
- Your Collections (User-defined Collection)
- In Your Collections the user’s own Collections, Folders, and Smart Collections are displayed.
What is a collection?
The Collection is your primary media holder. It has a unique, privileged relationship with media. Every media must be in a Collection.
What is a smart Collection?
A smart collection is virtual-media collection that automatically updates itself according to a set of criteria you define. The benefit to smart collection is they allow you to quickly access specific groups of media that are not worth putting into a separate collection.
What is a folder?
Pixave provides Folders to aid you. Folder hold groups of Collection, Smart Collection and other folder. Folders cannot contain media which are not in a Collection or Smart Collection.